Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

showcasing a simple flower punch

Pin It

Hi all, Ive been looking for some simple ways to demonstrate punches and after reading some other peoples ideas found this pretty one that will work great! not my original concept. this is done on a quarter A4 size card stock using a scallop border punch for the trim. The flower is not Stampin up but the same idea will work with their 5 petal flower punch! I used the spring bouquet punch for the center of the flower, I know this is not in the current Stampin up catalogue but you could replace this for the larger Bo Ho blossom punch. After punching out the flower i glued it back on offsetting the petals to create peep holes through the card inked the petals and covered them with crystal effects and added glitter. Stamped a saying and it's done!! how easy is that to both demonstrate and make!
Blessings to you



and a last thought

The spirit comes to the
aid of our weakness.
Romans 8:26

8 comments:

Gaby said...

What a lovely card. I think, I have a punch like that. So I will hurry and give it a try.

Thanks for sharing.

Robbie said...

Believe it or not, I've not seen this. I love your techniques and I'm going to have to try this one out. Thanks for sharing, though it seems old to you, it's new to me. And I have all those punches.

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [23 May 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

sandie carter said...

These cards look awesome - thanks heaps for sharing this and all the other wonderful ideas you are always coming up with.

Linda said...

These note cards are adorable & you make them look so easy.
I love your videos, you make everything look easy & come up with some really neat ideas.
Thank you for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Love your cards. I whipped up a card real quick this morning and oh, soooo easy to do.
Thank you for such a great tutorial.
The only difference I done was put a thin line of glitter on the upper part of my scalloped edge to match glitter color on my flower. Really looks Awesome.
Thanks again Valita for your inspiration
grannyof8

Linda said...

Just to let you know I have made a set and published to my blog! I have added a link to your tutorial! Thanks so much for the inspiration, love this idea.
LindaF
http://lfcards.blogspot.com

Bev said...

simple yet super stunning, I have that punch somewhere in the bowels of my craft room so I shall seek it out and have a go...I love listening to your videos, something comforting about our aussie accent