Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

little baby punchart birds/ video

Pin It
Hi all, I'm really enjoying using my punches lately and came up with these cute little baby birds. Our daughter starts Uni to do Primary Teaching in a couple of weeks so i made her this card. Big changes for us all....and I'm not sure if I'm really loving all these changes but at the same time its a fact of life and we know she is very excited to start hers. So on to the baby birds...you will need:

One 1 3/8' circle punch for the body.
one 1 1/4' circle punch for the body.
one 1' circle punch for the body.
Two different flowers from the spring bouquet punch, the 8 petal one
for the feet(punch2) and tail,and one petal from the 5 petal flower for the beak.
one - three small oval punches depending if you want the wings open or closed.
Five 1/2' circle punches for the eyes, one cut in half for the eyelids.
And two regular hole punches for the inner eyes.
video tutorial below!

I'm not going to show you all the steps here in pics but i will show you how i cut the cute little legs. I used the 8 petal flower from the spring bouquet punch for this and I've marked it here where to cut. This will give you that cute little chicken leg look!

And these are a few different coloured ones I've done...some with wings closed.....they are so cute!

If you listen carefully on the video you can hear the Little Wattle birds in the background.... i recorded this just on sunset and they all seemed to be saying goodnight! Well i hope you enjoy my little punch babies.

Don't measure the size of your mountain,talk to the one who can move it!...until next post.......Valita

and a last thought

When i am afraid,
I put my trust in You.
Psalm 56:3

4 comments:

Gaby said...

I love your birds. Really cute.

Oh, and I also fell in love with your pop-up balloon card a while ago. Now I finally had the time to case it.
Here is the link, just in case you want to take a look. *wink*
http://gabys-ideenreich.blogspot.com/2010/02/geburtstagskarte-birthday-card.html

Joyce said...

Your little bird is really cute!

Anonymous said...

J'aime beaucoup toutes vos réalisations, je suis votre blog tous les jours.

une admiratrice du Québec,Canada

Dana Jones said...

just swiped this little chick and created a card...added you to the post on my blog...if you get a chance take a look. Thanks so much for sharing how to make these...they are so cute! Thanks again! www.borntostampforcedtowork.blogspot.com