Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

Sequins and Sequin waste Cuttlebug embossing tutorial

Pin It
Hi all, i thought id show you these quick tutorials on how to use sequins and their waste in the cuttlebug to make embossed backgrounds. First put your A and B plates in and sprinkle on the sequins that you want to emboss in any random way .....i used stars as their still isn't a cuttlebug emboss folder with stars yet
.
Next lay your card you want to emboss over the stars and then the silicone mat over the top.

Lay 4 layers of shim over the silicone....i used the card from the back on the emboss folder packaging and then your B plate and roll through.

and here's the results..........

Cool Hey!!!.....One thing i did find was that the more you have used your B plates with dies the more marked it will get and that dose tend to emboss onto your card....you could try putting a sheet of clear acetate over your B plate before you start and that will create that smooth look again but you will have to play around with the number of shims you use. and the second tutorial is similar.... but i used sequin waste.
First put in your A and B plates. lay your sequin waste on top...a tip...this usually comes in a roll and it is so hard to make it flat so i used 2 small pieces of double sided tape to hold it down. Once again i used stars...as these will be great for Christmas cards.

Next lay your card over the top of the waste and then your silicone mat.

Now put 3 layers of shim ( 3 backings off the emboss folder packets) and then your B plate.

Roll through and these are the results...........

I love finding things to use in this machine!!! hope you have enjoyed these also....until next post ..Valita

and a last thought

"In this world you will have trouble.
But take heart I (Jesus)
have overcome
the world".
John 16:33

17 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Valita, I just found your wonderful blog recently and I love all the great tips you're sharing for the cuttlebug, thank you so, I love your ideas. This is a great and imaginative use of sequins and I'll have to have a go at it. Chris x

Carolynne H said...

Hi Valita, I hope its ok but I have put a link to your fab site over on my blog... www.carolynnescraftybusiness.blogspot.com
I have made the Tardis card from your template for my sons birthday and its FAB! It wont be published till 14th as I dont want to spoil the suprise! Thanks for sharing your ideas... I love the embossing with sequins, off to try it now.
Carolynne x

Marla said...

You have a great blog and I enjoy all the ways that I can use my CB to do!!! The possibilities are endless!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this sequin technique! I never would have thought of it!

Thanks for sharing yet another great idea/ :-)

Sheila D said...

What a great idea. Thanks so much for the instructions. Can't wait to try it.

debinicol said...

I sooo look forward to your blog! you are sooo talented and are so good about sharing it with the world. Thanks for it, thanks for you! Debi Nicol

Anonymous said...

thank you for giving me yet one more way to use my CB. You ROCK!!!!

Debbie/Phx AZ

Andrea said...

Valita, you come up with so many ways to use out cuttlebugs. Thank you so much. I just wish I had more time to play.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

You are a cuttlebug artist! This is so wonderful! I linked to your pasta machine post & you helped the nicest lady save a lot of money (she emailed me asking about it & I sent her to you.) Have I told you today that you're marvelous? You are! :O)

Deborah March said...

Thanks for yet another fabulous tip for all us Cuttlebug afficionados Valita. Provocraft ought to put you on their payroll! :)

Lesley said...

Hi Valita,

Where would one get a silicone mat? I just checked the Provo Craft web site and they son't have one listed under the Cuttlebug accessories. This is such a neat thing to use this machine for. Thanks for all your great info.

valita said...

Hi Lesley you can get these from the cooking section in most shops....its actually a baking mat for the oven but if you cant find them and have a tan rubber mat for the wizard dies that will also work...hope this helps...Luv Valita

Smilie girl said...

You are just way too cool and talented! That's fantastic. I love how it inspires me to view my cuttlebug in a new way. I tried using it with my plastic stencils like you suggested a few posts ago and it worked awesome! Thanks so much.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Thanks so much for posting this. I recently posted a thread on SCS regarding wanting a star CB embossing folder. I didn't realize how easy it would be to make one. I don't have a CB - I have the old red sizzix - but I'm going to try this out anyway.

Kate's Life said...

Amazing idea- Love it! Thank you so much for sharing! I also love the tip re. the used B plate and the acetate sheet! Awesome!!!

Patty said...

What a fabulous idea!!!! Thanks so much for sharing this! Can't wait to try out some different embossing myself!

craftybird-cindy said...

I have just found your blog today. Wow You have some fantastic cards and ideas.
I am from Narrabri in northern NSW..