Pages

Monday, October 6, 2008

Punched swans tutorial and something sweet

Pin It
Hi everyone, A nice cool day here today with some much needed rain. well Mondays card class has just finished ( Ive had my husband and kids helping me over the holidays which has been a real blessing) and I'm home checking my emails etc so i thought while i have a quiet moment Ill post today's cards. I have to mention this first though....we were out on the weekend and our youngest daughter lost her bag with her new i pod, phone and....you know all the stuff teenagers put in their bags well she was frantic looking for it and realized she might not get it back ....she was so up set because we had just bought her an i pod as a gift for selling so many chocolates for our fund raising for the bike for bibles ride. I was upset because i knew how sick in the gut she felt and this was while we were having our card morning with the ladies today. We always have a prayer time in our morning tea and i started to pray but cracked up when it came to mentioning the missing bag. God so knows when we need that extra support and one of my beautiful ladies stepped in and continued the prayer for the bag. She said to me latter post this on your blog when you find the bag.....and that caught my attention because it was so positive that the bag would be found. My daughter prayed and had also said to me through tears, Mum i really think the bag is at home....(we had looked everywhere!!) So when we got home i went in first and quietly told our other kids what was happening....Our son so casually say back as they do...."Oh that's in our other car we put it under the seat so it would be safe". Well Madaleine kissed and hugged him and we all breathed a prayer of thanks. God is interested in every part of our lives no matter what and we should never underestimate the power of prayer especially when we pray for and with each other. Thank you Judee I love you !! Ok now on with the swans.......

you'll need:

1 Quic kutz heart die
8 med leaf punch
1 small heart punch cut in half
1 small star punch for the beaks


Lightly edge these punch out in black


Now using small spots of glue ...i use a tooth pic... glue the first 2 leaves to the heart.

Next using foam tape stick on 2 more leaves.

Foam tape the next 2 behind for the swans tails.


And with the last 2 you will need to round off the stem end of the leaf and foam tape these as the swans wings so they cover up all the other stems.this is the main body done.

to make the heads cut the heart in half and glue in behind the curls of the heart.
i don't know why my camera started taking pink pics all of a sudden ...must of been the light angle???

Next cut off 2 points of the star and glue these pointing down behind the base of the heads. Add Small eyes with a fine marker....and i added small lines above the eyes to define the face

and your done.....just add it then to your card. here's a close up of my card

and our second card we made ...........until next post....Valita

and a last thought

Always keep on praying. No matter
what happens, always be thankful,
for this is God's will for you who
belong to Jesus Christ.
1 Thessalonians 5:17,18

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

The punched swans are absolutely gorgeous Valita. i love them. Thank you for sharing your instructions.

Mary

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Valita this is awesome!!! I think I have everything I need to make the swans!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Anonymous said...

That is so clever - how you made the swan! Thanks for sharing.

Swedie

Jennifer said...

Your new creation is as always lovely! And your tutorial is very comprehensive and fun!! It's amazing how you are able to see such fun creations out of these simple punches!
Jennifer L.
Vistagirl

Scrappy Doo 2 u said...

I am ALWAYS astounded with how you put the various punches together to create works of art! Stellar performance!!!! This is soooo awesome! Love love love it!

Can you tell .... you're getting a rave review!

retiredheather said...

What a great idea. love the way you created the swans. You are so talented and so sharing. It is wonderful to see and be able to try your projects.
Thanks
Heather

Anonymous said...

Wow Valita,

Love the swans...will have to give them a go...thanks for the inspiration

Minerva

Suzi said...

Beautiful swans. Beautiful card. Beautiful music. And one of my favorite Bible passages.
Thank you! You warmed my heart today.

Anonymous said...

The swan card was beautiful. However, I loved the story even more. How great a reminder that God is always there and for all things that we need. Thanks for the beautiful reminder.

Ruth (ooffee) said...

Beautiful card and a great reminder of God's care for every detail of our lives - thank you!
Ruth x

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Beautiful! You make pure art out of punches. I love seeing the way your mind works! I'm SO happy that your daughter found her bag. The positivity of prayer is an incredible thing! :O)

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Oh and how could I forget that little cookie guy. He's so sweet. love the bite marks! :O)

cheryl said...

Wow I can not beleive how beautiful the swans are. Swans were the theme for my husbands and my engagement and wedding over 10 years ago Wiull have to use them for my wedding album.
Thank you for your wonderful inspiration

Anonymous said...

Love the cute swans, very pretty & very clever! b Thank you for sharing!
Sunshine NZ
www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

Hi Valita,
I have only just found your blog, after the link was posted to my yahoo group age and ages ago.
Your cards and ideas are simply amazing and I love your work. I also enjoy the quirky photos of your kids :) . Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful ideas.
Deanne
xx

SewDelish said...

I haven't been over here much lately but I wanted to let you know I love this card. Thanks for the step by step instructions